Sunday, November 8, 2009

23

Well it was my birthday last week. I am now 23. That is kind of weird to me. It reminds me of the lyrics of a song from one of my all time favorite bands Jimmy Eat World. The song is entitled “23”

Amazing still it seems
I'll be 23
I won't always love what I'll never have
I won't always live in my regrets
You'll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
I'm here I'm now I'm ready
Holding on tight
Don't give away the end
The one thing that stays mine

I guess this will be my theme for the next year of my life. To me the song seems like it is a turning point in his life and he doesn’t know if he’s ready to move on. So it seems that in the 23 year will be a nebulous state of existence for me. I am adjusting to married life. It is strange to make the adjustment from single life to married life, and I’m not saying I don’t like married life, because I love it! But it is an interesting transition to let go of things I once aspired to do. But I’ll be 23.

lants.

No comments:

Post a Comment