Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Look up...

Walking to school today everyone was in a rush. Everyone had their heads down as to avoid the snowflakes. What a wonderful scene to be seen if we just look up. The first snow of the year is here. Isn't it a miracle? It gently falls to the ground silently. I got out of my car and stood still with my hand spread and my head tilted to heaven letting the flakes hit me in the face. So many people spend all winter complaining about the snow. Why don't we just appreciate it and enjoy the beauty that it brings? I wish that I had time to just lay out on the ground and let myself be covered in the snow. I hope this storm proves to be bigger than expected—some areas are expecting one to two feet of snow. How great would that be? I think I’m jealous that Colorado already has two ski resorts open. I’m getting anxious. I went and watched the Warren Miller Ski video last week (I actually watched it twice). It is considered the first day of winter and now the snow is backing it up. I’m tired of just wearing my skis in my living room. I’ll keep day dreaming until I can put them on in the snow.

lants.

No comments:

Post a Comment