Monday, November 9, 2009

Bow down to Google the Great God of the Internet

So me and my friend we having a conversation how Google has become so wide spread that is it is taking over the Internet. Just to prove the point. Look at your google dashboard. You can access blogs, youtube videos, email, weather, document readers, translators, news, you can use it as a drop box, a history, a friend linking site. You can look up on google just how much information that they have on you. Your address, nationality, search trends, when you access the internet most, what time of day, what day of the week what month. Your top ten web sites, top ten searches. It has your blog, the blogs you are following. Who you have talked to using the internet, who you have chatted with. Google makes 12 cents each search that you make using their search engine. Ironicly I have given 56 cents while writing this blogs. I know that doesn’t sound like much but multiply that by 400 million searches a day. That is 4.8 billion dollars in one day. I don't even need to calculate that out over a year to know it will be monstrous. And just to prove the point the Google is taking over the internet. I used translationparty.com, which is powered by Google to translate a phrase into Japanese and back into English and see what it becomes:

Google is taking over my life.
=>into Japanese
Googleの私の人生を引き継いでいる。
=>back into English
Google has taking over my life.
=>back into Japanese
Googleの私の人生を引き継ぎました。
=>back into English
Google has taken over my life.

As you can see Google has already taken over the internet and your life too. But isn’t it great? You can do everything with it. (I didn’t mean that sarcastically, it IS great)

lants.

No comments:

Post a Comment