Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week 3 - Dang you Matt...

Well, I now have a follower . . . now I have to write something of substance.  Or do I?

So, BYU lost.  FSU was just plain faster.  I observed (nothing racist) that on FSU's special teams they had all black guys and only the kicker was white; whereas on BYU's special teams all were white with the exception for the one of the kick returners--did it make a difference in speed?Maybe--they were just plain faster, but that isn't what caused the loss.  It was the five turn overs.  It is hard to do anything in a game when you can't keep the ball.  That game is over and done with, probably a good awakening, but we fall into the same tradition we have for years--talk of "this is BYU's year" then we fall shorter than our expectations wanted to believe.  Does this mean we despair?  No, we are still a great team, we just got humbled, as we did last year.  I think it is a great thing that we think that we can go all the way, and we get bummed each time we fall short, we are not settling for anything less than the best.  We have a good crew and a good motivation time to hurl our challenge to our next foe-->CSU

Anyway, story of the day.  I was sitting in elders quorum and Matt decides that it is a good idea to play RISK on his Ipod touch.  Logically I get a crappy squandering of territories, so I have next to no hope of winning so my attention is half on the game half on the lesson.  But then I start to feel bad that I'm not paying attention to the lesson, so my brain says "answer a question."  Right then the teacher asks for us to recount our first baptisms for the dead experience, but I hear not our own experience, but the first experience ever.  So my hand shoots into the air and the teacher calls on me.  I start recounting the story of the lady who was so anxious to have the work done for her ancestors that they have two horses be he witnesses.  After I answer another person starts to recount the first time they went to the temple to be baptized for their family ancestors, and I think, man this guy wasn't paying attention to what the teacher asked.  Then another person adds his own experience and then I realize I was the crazy one.  I raise my hand and the teacher hesitatingly calls on me and I clear my name so I don't get confused for the lady in my story a 180 years ago.

Well thats all, 
Matt have a good day.

-Lants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment